Friday, October 11, 2013

Thing #16 PhotoPeach and Evaluation

PhotoPeach is my new FAVORITE thing!!!  This is a super easy tool for students to create a video.  At my school, we are really striving to use small moments in our writing.  I create my video to spotlight a couple of small moments that I could write about.  I have several surprises during that day, each of which could be written into a personal narrative.  Beach Surprise

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?  I think I will have to admit that PhotoPeach and creating wikis were two tools I've NEVER used before.  I found them to be so useful and simple to create.  I want use both in my reading and writing groups that I currently serve.  I think kids would really feel freedom with the ability to blog and be creative in their thoughts just like I have been.  
2. How has this type off program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?  Well, I LOVE TO LEARN and this type of activity has forced me to sit down and do things I've wanted to do before but have just not had time to do.  One of my goals was to use technology with confidence.  I feel thougth this project I have gained the confidence I need to lead teachers tn their quest to plan and execute meaningful lessons that incorporate the collaborative and technical aspect needed for 21st Century Learners.  

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?  
Well, I have to admit that I was very skeptical when I first began this "journey," but I have found that I do indeed like Google Docs!  I have never felt comfortable using this tool in the past, but being able to spend time creating and exploring, I found that it was much easier than I thought.  I also really enjoy blogging.  It seems to allow me to purposefully babble about things that I am a geek about!  
4. What could I do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?  I am glad I had this class at this time in my graduate studies, I think this type of "solo" activity has forced my hand to sit down and work through issues that teachers face on a daily basis.  I had to problem-solve and become innovative with many of the tools that I thought before were out of my leaogue.  The pace the THINGS seemed to flow just right.  Just when I needed to be stretched, a challenging tool was paired with a tool that I was very familiar with.  

1 comment:

  1. It has been a pleasure to follow your blog, Kim. There were times that I wasn't sure if I was on the right track...I would visit your blog and use it as a model. Thanks!

    It looks like we both learned a great deal through this experience.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete