Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thing # 15 Skype

I am planning on using SKYPE this coming Friday (10/11) to have a conversation with a teacher that just had a baby last week and is at home on maternity leave.  I will call her at home and let her introduce her precious little girl, Presley Jean, to the class!  I know the kids will be so excited!  We did this a couple of years ago when she had a little boy... it was precious...

My school is also participating with Mary Pope Osborne, author of the Magic Tree House series, on a SKYPE call on which she will introduce her new book.

I've been an active learner this past summer and during this school year from webinars that have been produced as far away as Connecticut and as close as in Richmond!  I think this method of communication has opened the door to possibilities never known to us before.

After exploring 50 Ways to use Skype in the classroom, I came across a teacher in that used a combination of GoogleDocs and Skype to work with another class to edit their writing papers and to compare and critique songs written by a 7th grade class... I called my 4th grade teacher friend, Sarah, we are going to explore this scenario for our school to encourage writing for an audience and the importance of editing and revising!  SO EXCITED!!!

Best Day Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment